Good news for moms: although 80% of the child’s body height is determined by genetic factors, there are a number of things you can do to spur the growth of the child’s body safely high in the following ways:
• Inadequate nutrition while pregnant. The growth of children has been started in the womb, Ma. Therefore, according to Prof. Simon Cousens of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, England, attempts to optimize his height can already begin since you were conceived by way of nutritional requirements during pregnancy which reach 2300 calories per day.
In addition to dining in sufficient quantities, also consult a doctor if you need to take supplements (iron, calcium, zinc, folic acid) or not.
• Avoid baby blues. Research conducted at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health in Baltimore, USA, said that the mother is suffering from postpartum depression have a 40% risk of raising children are stunted the growth of his height.
One possible cause is that the child will be infected with the stress of her mother which resulted in the disruption of the endocrine system in the body of the child. As a result, the production of growth hormone in their body will also be disrupted.
• Exclusive breastfeeding. Exclusive breastfeeding will guarantee a balanced nutrition for children early in life. This is especially important in the first two years, where the child will experience accelerated growth in height and weight rapidly.
• Give food varied. In principle, there is no one type of food that is able to meet all the nutritional needs of a person. Therefore, give the food intake of various types to children in portions according to their needs. Make sure you provide carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibers in equal amounts every day.
• Maintain health. Disease-especially in the early days of his life, could result in the child experiencing nutritional deficiencies. You can give the necessary protection of children in a way keeping immunization schedule.
• Good quality sleep. According to the website Kidshealth, children need between 10-12 hours of sleep each night. When sleeping, the child’s body will undergo the process of renovation and repair of cells needed by the body. The smoothness of this process were also launched his height growth.
• Increase physical activity. Multiply physical activity such as cycling, running, and doing this type of exercise will make the body more children avoid obesity condition that could hamper growth. Physically active helpful also launched the distribution of oxygen and nutrients to cells throughout the body so that it can optimize the growth process.