Every parent wants the best education for their children. Education is ‘long term investment’ for children’s success in the future. Therefore, parents will not be indiscriminate in choosing a school for their children.
Parents are willing to pay dearly to achieve quality education. However, virtually anything that should be considered in choosing the right school for your child? According to child psychologists and education observer, Seto Mulyadi, quoted by Kompas.com, there are at least seven criteria that the reference of parents in choosing the right school for children.
1. See the vision and mission of the school. Vision and mission of the school will determine the curriculum used. Sesuaikah vision of the school’s mission with a view of education in the family and parents’ expectations?
2. Consider a nice school with a teaching staff were nice too. Teachers are the spearheads that determines the child will learn and play with fun or not.
3. Note the condition of the school and the surrounding environment, including completeness of facilities and infrastructure in schools. Enough to support the process
teaching and learning fun for children?
4. Calculate the distance of school from home. Do not get too far away so tired child in the street and not the spirit of learning.
5. Recognize the child’s character and the need to determine a suitable school with the children. For example, a child who likes to move suitable school schooled in nature.
6. The introduction of the character and needs also helps to identify the duration of schooling and the composition of the duration of teaching in schools, for example to determine the duration of the school need more time playing or learning.
7. And last but not least, think carefully your financial ability to pay all the costs involved, both initiation fees or monthly money in the future. Make sure you have the financial resources are sufficient to consistently pay future.
Cost is expensive does not necessarily determine the quality of the school. At the present time, in choosing a school is not just a school facilities are completely available, parents must also be careful and smart in school to pick her dear. The right school will provide great impact for growth and intelligence.
In addition to considering the seven criteria above, parents also need to involve children in school meilih. Parents know what criteria should be considered and the first to recognize the needs of children in education. The trick, the child is given the right to vote to determine which school fun for him to learn and play.